PBeM-Spiele
Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024 16:13

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Barons and Morons II
BeitragVerfasst: 06.10.2008 09:40 
Forumheld
Forumheld

Despite noone seemed to be interested in the last one I write another analysis of the CR2-16 game this time in english. Some english players might be (not :wink:) interested as well.

First I have to say that we never had as much active players fighting for ground as in this game so it's much fun (for me) and only messed up a little by several corrected reports.

Barons:

1. The main winner this turn definitely is Frederik Conrad. He got the presidency of the Heartland-Bonus bounded B&O from B ( :shock: :shock: ) only by buying shares from the market. Along with the P&FW and the MRLE ready to fuse with the B&O B shouldn't be able to regain control. So the Heartland Bonus to Frederik Conrad. Well Done!!

2. Still in good position is Stepp who's grip on NYC is firm and has good opportunities to reach Chicago. Anyway I don't understand why he didn't took PA11 this turn. Perhaps he tried to connect canada?? P&LE will give him 4 Builderpoints this turn.

3. I shouldn't talk about myself, but getting ga8 was urgent. Really urgent. COG is still a small company, but has much space to expand.

Morons:

1. I just compare former situation to actual situation, so B is the Moron of the day. Ok, he is still number 1 in money (due to the B&O takeover) and number 2 overall, but what's THAT compared to one turn ago? But it's not hopeless. R&D has much space in the middle but still needs a connection to black.

2. Darkwing and Cheyenne still lead Railroads, but actually both don't have any opportunity to reach Chicago/Mississippi. Perhaps this will change, but they have to push hard.

3. Not really a Moron due to his still excellent position in the South and his first place overall, but not getting ga8 and don't taking tn2 instead is a step back for sun-e. Anyway he will reach Gulf first for 4 builderpoints and still has several ways to go northwest.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 30.10.2008 01:07 
Neuling
Neuling

Baron or Moron? You tell me.
Two turns after I've take B&O from B, Panic hits and the B&O drops from 77 to 33. Ouch, I get a 30k loan recall.
OK, so it's not a very good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. I knew that, but after my first 2 disastrous turns (no PCs, selling stock I should have kept; just about anybody could have done better in one turn than I did in two) getting the B&O was a pretty big deal for me.
Also, I got a lot of Builder points fom B&O, points that would have given B a huge lead.
Moron? Not really, the B&O is rich and I'll survive the loan recall without too much pain.
Baron? Not really, I going to miss out on the first 2 western PCs (C&NW and CRIP) and I don't know what I'm going to do after this turn. I need to spread my investments and I really should get a new PC that can expand.

The game is great fun, especially with enough players fighting for limited opportunities. The learning curve is very steep and as a rookie I'm very much aware that I play from turn to turn, where the more experienced players are able to look ahead. But fortunately they also make mistakes.

Wish me luck.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde